Monday 18 November 2013

The new member of the family...

So, it's been really busy behind the scenes of Rosebud Casson, but i am pleased to finally share with you the new member of the 'Family' ! About a week ago, my boyfriend and I went for some lunch and stumbled across a garage on Tower Street that sold old and vintage 'nik naks', including furniture, pottery, log burners etc! Immediately i spotted a brown box resembling a Singer Sewing machine, something i have wanted to get my hands on for years. (We do have a vintage Singer, but it's so old we are unable to use it!) Anyhoo, we asked the bloke about it and he said he'd bought it a while ago thinking he would get rid of it for £200 no problem, but it turns out people in Hartlepool 'had no taste' and no body wanted it! So, as he was wanting to get rid of it, he gave us the 1911 Singer Sewing Machine in full working order, original Manual AND all the extra bits and bobs for THIRTY POUNDS! Thirty quidlets!! My boyfriend generously bought me is as an early Christmas present... Here's some photos to show it off! Some of the 'extras' are totally alien to me and i have no idea what to do with them! So if there are any Singer Experts out there please get in touch as i would LOVE to learn more about my new machine :)









No comments:

Post a Comment