Monday 12 August 2013

Dabble outside my comfort zone..

Recently when we went to Penzance we stayed with two friends who were absolutely lovely and more than we could have asked for in the area of hospitable hosts.We had such a lovely time staying with them and i wanted to do something to say thank you for our stay there....So! I went a little bit out of my comfort zone and did this piece of embroidery. I've never done text in my work before so it was a very new thing and took a few goes to get the first letters to look right but i LOVED it!! I really like how it turned out and in the embroidery hoop i think it looks really effective - plus its easy to hang on the wall! I'm hoping i'll get more chances to do something like this in the future and i'd even like to start doing personalized commissions in the near future :)


No comments:

Post a Comment